I am always saving favorite links and sharing books and articles with friends throughout the week, so I thought it would be fun to start a new weekly blog series where I share my top 5 favorite things of the week! Here is the first one, hope you like these and happy Sunday guys!
1. A VERY PUNCHABLE FACE – Don’t judge a book by the cover, or the title as well in this case. What I thought would be a 100% witty and light comedy book, by SNL’s head writer Colin Jost, turned out to also be one of the most inspiring reads about overcoming obstacles and the power of not giving up on your goals (all while being wildly hilarious!). I so wish my high school self-had a chance to read it! I have to add, it is also probably one of the best written books I’ve ever read. Every sentence is crafted and labored over with the attention to detail only a self-critical, overachieving Harvard educated comedy writer would be capable of.
2. NAPKIN RINGS & PLACEMATS FROM KLATSO HOME – This little Etsy shop was a random IG discovery and I literally gasped when I saw their creations, which are 100% hand crafted, by artisans in Colombia. I ordered these napkin rings immediately and can’t stop thinking about these stunning placemats! Click HERE for more from the shop.
3. THE SEPHORA WEEKEND SALE, HAPPENING NOW THROUGH 8/24 – Through 8/24, take $15 off your order of $75 or $20 of your order over $100! I am adding the full size SUPERGOOP GLOW SCREEN to my cart first. Instant game changer for your SPF game and I highly recommend! Also restocking on my CHARLOTTE TILBURY pressed powder (pro tip: for a flawless matte look, press into your t zone and nasal folds with a damp beauty blender. Makes your pores disappear like magic!) and my beloved PILLOW TALK lip pencil and lipstick. Oh and of course my holy grail of tanning, the ISLE OF PARADISE tanning drops which I mix with my KIEHL’S lotion (and YES I recommend buying the Costco size haha!)
4. THESE HAPPY BLUE MOMENTS WITH MY GIRLS – Honestly, we of course had zero reason to dress up, but that’s exactly why I wanted to! I so miss the days where I could dawn a pretty dress and have somewhere to fun to be, and month after month in loungewear at home is really starting to wear on me, no pun intended. So, I thought it would be fun to get all dolled up with my little dolls and at least snap a few photos we could look back on and smile. We blasted Lizzo, as they twirled in the evening heat around me and honestly it was so good for my mama soul. I know I’ll miss these moments one day, so I’ve been trying to really take in every minute. Their dresses are from Mama Luma. They make THE chicest girls’ pieces, and you can get 30% off right now with code PARTY30. My dress in an oldie from Rachel Parcell.
5. JACKFRUIT SLOPPY JOE’S & PIZZAS – Ok guys, my meat loving hubby found this recipe and I am telling you this was one of the yummiest things he’s ever made! We had the sloppy Joe’s for lunch and then used the jackfruit “meat” on our home-made outdoor pizza oven pizza’s. They were delicious! You can get canned Jackfruit at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. See the recipe HERE.