Are you wearing make-up today? The ultimate quarantine question. That and pants, I guess! I noticed that even while stuck at home, on days where I get fully ready as soon as I wake up, foundation, blush and all, my day ends up being way more productive and I feel so much more positive by the time I am washing my face at night. It’s not a self-esteem thing. I think it’s that I almost trick myself into thinking “well you got all ready so this day must be important! You better get some stuff done lady!”
With that being said and the the Sephora sale starting tomorrow, I thought I would share items which you can not only incorporate into your ‘new’ daily routine but will be sure to become your tried and true, as they have for me. I want to make sure I am only recommending products I truly believe in, so you won’t be spending needlessly at a time when we are all being more careful with our purchase choices.
1. ARMANI BEAUTY Luminous Silk Foundation (I wear shade 5.75) – This foundation is a splurge for sure, but I have not regretted giving it a try. One bottle lasts me over 6 months, and it is the best light coverage I have found. It wears so well all day and never feels caky or gives you that feeling where you can’t wait to wash it off at the end of the day.
2. Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder – I’ll probably never use another powder again. I don’t wear powder daily (sometimes I just like the fresh glow look that foundation only gives me) but when I want to put on bronzer and blush, this powder has been the best to build on. It is very light but gives the perfect smooth ‘filter’ effect. The price tag definitely held me back from getting it for a while, but if you think about how long it takes you to go through one finishing powder, it’s pretty much a once a year investment!
3. FARMACY Make Up Meltaway Cleansing Balm – This is a fairly new to me product, but I fell in love with it after my first use. It is amazing at taking off make-up, pollution and leaves your skin feeling hydrated. I have dry skin, so for me that was a big selling point!
4. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner – Pillow Talk Collection – I was late to this party and now that I’ve tried the pillow talk pencil there is no going back. I absolutely love all 3 colors (though the nude is my daily go to) and they just glide so amazingly well on your lips and create the most perfect line. It’s one of those you have to try to believe products. Highly recommend!
5. BENEFIT Great Brow Basics Pencil & Gel Set – I have gone through endless amounts of brow pencils and kits until finally finding this duo! I use shade one in the pencil and the brow setting gel is seriously a game changer! I apply it before penciling in my brows and then a bit after. I found that applying it before, makes the pencil go on smoother and helps with creating the brow shape. This is my holy grail pick!
6. Buxom Lip Full-On Plumping Lip Cream – If I showed you how many of these lip creams I have, your mouth would drop. I got hooked on these about 2 years ago, and just love that tingle and all the amazing shades. My most used is mudslide, dolly and rose julep.
7. ISLE OF PARADISE tanning drops – I was a big tan-luxe user for a long time and while I still like it, I have been really loving the Isle of Paradise tanning drops and lotion. I actually have two sets, so I have also tried the self-tanning water and it is absolutely fabulous as well. The key with getting the right result is always using the glove! This set comes with one.
8. T3 Curling Wand – I am a T3 girl through and through from their hair dryer to the wands. This reverse barrel is the one I use daily for my loose waives. I’ve tried a lot of others and keep going back to this one every time.
9. Kerastase VIP Texturing Hair Spray – Speaking of good hair days! My amazing hair gal Loren introduced me to this texturizing spray a few years ago and I’ve been using it daily ever since. It creates amazing volume and gives some hold without that crunchy feeling. I use it instead of hairspray, so it’s really a two in one.
10. Living Proof dry shampoo – I had to throw in a dry shampoo, because let’s face it, we all can’t live without it. After testing a good 10 different brands, Living Proof is it for me. I still like to try out new ones but what I love about this one is that there is no white residue, it just absorbs the oil without leaving any film. And I love the light barely their scent. I hate it when a dry shampoo has an overpowering smell. Like why!